Not everyone will embrace a minimalist lifestyle.
And I guess we should be thankful. I mean, the folks that are running around like chickens with their head cut off, buying everything in sight is what keeps the capitalist engine chugging along so smoothly right? Right??
But what is you feel it is time for a change? Time to slow down and take a break from the chaos. The endless tasks, and appointments and stuff. My god the stuff!
I walked by a place today and the little guy was out playing(god bless him) and the yard was FULL of toys.
Where did this mentality of always have to more and have more come from? What is it about an overfilled life that is so appealing?
So is becoming minimalist the answer. And it is not JUST about clutter. It is about embracing all that a minimalist lifestyle has to offer.
- Living with less
- Being content with what you have
- Living within your means
- Enjoying each moment
- Being organized
- Not living on credit
- Making one’s life more productive, less cluttered, freeing of complications, confusion and distraction.
- Understanding that Less is More
Look at your life right now.
- Are you juggling appointments, barely able to get them all in?
- The thought of trying to eat at the kitchen table makes you cry because you’d have to move all the papers to find a place.
- You are frequently misplacing everyday items like your keys, debit card and cell phone
- which makes you late for all those appointments and thus even more stressed
- you can’t remember why you went into a room( I know I came in here for something) and you have to leave the room to remember what it was.
- You’d like to have a to-do list but there isn’t enough paper around to put it on and you’d never get it done anyway
Life does not have to be about doing and having more. We have created this competition with others to see who can accumulate more junk and who can be doing more stuff.
It is okay to slow down. To be still. To enjoy quiet moments. To know where your keys are.
Life is not about chaos, disorganization and clutter.
It may be time for you to embrace a minimalist lifestyle.
It may not be for everyone, but it just may be for you.