How To Clear Clutter And Enjoy A Simple Life
Did you you know that 70% of homeowners that have a garage park their car(s) in the driveway?
Why, you ask?
They have stuff piled to the rafters. They felt they needed a big house with a 2 or 3 car garage only to fill it with boxes and boxes of stuff.
Americans spend 850 million dollars per year on garage organizing.
So do you have clutter? Looking for some free ideas for organizing clutter?
Okay here we go.
- Reassess your life. What is important? Stuff or experiences?
- Start small. Just choose one area and spend 15 or 30 minutes on it.
- Stay focused on that area! Don’t get distracted when you go into another room.
- Don’t over think it. You have to understand that you have too much damn stuff. Getting rid of clutter is the most important thing to do. If you have unopened boxes from your last move, don’t even open them. Toss it!
- Stop bringing stuff in. No more idle shopping.
- A place for everything and everything in its place. Keys on the entry table, bills paid and filed, clothes away, dishes away, counter tops clear, etc.
I cannot stress enough the benefits of following a minimalist lifestyle. Less is more. I am not a fan of having multiple containers, filing boxes and organizing equipment.
The key to organizing clutter is by starting to eliminate clutter. Then you can start to organize what you have left. which should only be items that have purpose. Items that you actually use.
I think that you will find that when you feel the calm that ensues when you enter a room that is free of clutter, is organized, and maybe even has a minimalist interior design theme, you will be committed to continue to declutter, organize your life and live simply.