“It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.” ~E.E. Cummings
— Mark Lowe (@MarkKLowe) December 22, 2016
Are you living YOUR Authentic life?
Are you living life on a treadmill, going faster and faster, in the WRONG Direction? It seems that so many people are living life in this exact manner.
A life that’s been set for you by other people. A life void of the purpose and passion that burns deep inside.
If that’s you, don’t worry, you’re not alone.
So many people live life on autopilot. They actually believe the script that has been sold to them.
What does it mean to be authentic?
Why does being authentic even matter
- It is easier. No more “putting on airs” to try and impress people. That is an energy drain.
- You have honest connections. If you are putting forth a fake version of yourself you may only be connecting with other fake people. So do the opposite. Like attracts like.
- People will respect you more. Respect is earned by being that person in the room that is so firm in his/her beliefs that they will not let the crowd sway their opinion. You don’t have to be a dick about it either. Be respectful.
To be authentic means being true to what you value most
This is going to be harsh. Write down what you think are the things you value most in your life.
You might have written down family, love, my health, friendships, faith, career.
Now think about what you actually did yesterday. What you spent time on is what you actually value.
You worked more than anything else and then you watched TV and went online. Hmmm. There is a bit of a disconnect there.
You are either lying to yourself or you are not being true to yourself.
If you want to change your life for the better you actually need to change to mind to do it and make it happen.
Keep it Simple
Are you always trying to be everything to everyone? Do you pride yourself on being busy all the time like it is a badge of honor?
How does that make you feel?
You need to slow down and examine who you are. Actually take a look at what makes you happy.
I am a firm believer in living a more simple, minimalist lifestyle. This can look however you want it to look for you. For me it just means getting rid of the stuff that really doesn’t matter and making room for more of what does.
I am being true to myself. This is who I am.
The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be. – Ralph Waldo Emerson #quote
— Mark Lowe (@MarkKLowe) December 19, 2016
Ways to slow down and be authentic:
- Love yourself first
- Mindful Meditation
- Declutter your house or apartment
- Actually spend time with your family and friends
- Have a “do-nothing” day
- Stop trying to please everyone
- Stop seeking approval
- Be a bit bold. Take some chances. Go on an adventure.
Being authentic is a daily practice and I am still working on it myself. Life is after all a journey, not a destination. It is a moment-by-moment choice of embracing your truth and being fearless enough to share it with the world. When you have nothing to hide and you can freely be yourself with everyone, there is a profound peace and confidence you will exude to the world.
Did you enjoy this post? If so why not leave a comment and also share it with social media. Thank you.
“Change The Code. Change Your Life.”