Are you wondering how to change your life in 30 days?
How many people get to a point in their lives and look around and ask, “Is this it?” “Is this all there is?”
Sound familiar? Are you feeling a bit lost and directionless? You feel like you need to change your life but you are not sure how to go about actually changing anything. It can be frustrating.
You Want To Change Your Life. But How?
So first, I’d like to congratulate you on taking the first step towards change.
If you truly WANT to change your life and if you have a strong enough desire to get past struggles, then YOU WILL change your life. You need to change your programming. You need to Change The Code. It really does all start with the mind.
Let’s be honest. Change can be hard. We are talking about redoing the way you think about very important aspects of your life. You will need to work at this if you want lasting change.
Also read- Why Change Can Seem Hard
Steps to Change Your Life
You are looking at a 30 day plan to get the ball rolling so let’s break things down into steps you can tackle each week. This will build a foundation for lasting changes.
Baby steps are the key to creating lasting change. Don’t try to do too much at once.
Detox your mind and body
- An early start, around 6 am. This is when you’ll find the time for yourself which you never seem to have enough of during the day. You’ll find it to be a period of peace and quiet, when you’ll be able to sort out various things which you need to do without being distracted, because everyone else is still asleep.
- The first thought and words out of your mouth are going to be “I am having a great day.” Actually say it. It forces your brain into believing it and is creating new neural pathways in your brain. We need to change the way you think.
- Brush your teeth. First thing. Smile at yourself in the mirror. You’ve got this!
- This can be an ideal time for morning exercises. Stretching, yoga or a full on HIIT workout. It’s up to you. This will help prepare you for living the upcoming day to the max. Feeling lazy and a reluctance to get out of bed early really aren’t an indication that you are tired. In my opinion, this shows that you don’t really want to live your own life. What’s the point in getting out of bed, when it’ll just be the same depressing weather, the subway, traffic, work…?
STOP! We are changing the code! What if, instead of your regular programming, you realized another great day is coming up, and your first thought when you woke up was to grab the day by the teeth and own it? This is just simple logic. If you’re living life to the fullest, you’ll want to jump out of bed. Or viewed the other way round — if you jump out of bed in the morning, life will begin to burn more brightly!
You are creating new habits!
5. Better nutrition. If you want to change your life you need to eat healthy. I am not a doctor, nutritionist, or dietitian. I have struggled my whole life with poor eating habits. But for the past 4 months I have had AMAZING success with a ketogenic diet plan. I have lost 35 pounds and feel fantastic. The bottom line is you need a healthy eating plan. You can choose whichever kind of diet seems right to you. But there’s one thing that I know applies to all of us: alcohol, potato chips, sugary drinks, pre-prepared meals, junk food — none of these things fit into anyone’s idea of healthy eating.
See these sites for Ketogenic Diet Information if you are interested.
Organize Your Life
- Clean up your personal space. I cannot stress how important living a simple, more minimalist lifestyle is to changing your life for the better. The benefits of minimalist living are many.
- Throw out everything! Okay maybe not everything. But close. The average house has over 300000 items in it! So I dare say you have some stuff that you can let go. It is time to bring order to every corner, table and cupboard in your home (stuffing things in the attic or closet doesn’t count). Just spend 5 minutes decluttering to start. Think about it: every single object in your house — even the smallest — not only takes up space, but also consumes some of your energy. Is it really worth holding on to it? Keep only stuff which really is useful or you actually need, items that make you happy, or which you most cherish. One other thing — if up till now you’ve kept that teddy bear which your lover gave you for Valentines Day in 1998, but you already broke up with them a long time ago, then you don’t need such ‘happy’ memories any more. How can you change your life and move forward if you are living in the past? Declutter your house this weekend, without hesitation. Once you’ve done all this, you’ll find that you feel a whole lot better.
- Take a look at your personal finances. Every expense needs to be examined and maybe it is time to set up a Personal Budget Plan That Actually Works.
Organize Your Life Part 2
1.Write down, and schedule everything you need to do. So how are you feeling about this Change Your Life plan? Do you feel happy and enthusiastic about this? Are you rolling up your sleeves in anticipation? You should be. Changing your life can be hard work but you are actually doing it. So you have changed your eating, and you are moving more. Your self talk is more positive and you have decluttered your house. Now we need to look at the day to day so you can actually get things accomplished that need doing. You need to start Time Blocking. You are going to schedule everything that you need to do each and every day. Once you get the hang of it you will wonder how you ever lived without it. Here is an entire post on the beauty of Time Blocking to Organize Your Life
2. List your most crazy dreams. I do this exercise regularly, and each time my ideas become even more ridiculous. You have to make a list of all those things you dream of doing, but which just seem so crazy. Last year I was posting about traveling for an extending period of time. It seemed a bit out there but guess what? It is happening in just a few weeks! I am off to Nicaragua for an epic solo travel adventure. The brain is an amazing tool and when you start telling yourself things that you WILL accomplish, AND writing them down, you will start to create the steps to achieve those goals. It truly is amazing. If I can do this, you can do it too. I am just a regular person and it is working for me.
Expand Your Thinking
- Change Your Routine. You have already made lots of major changes and now we want to shake things up. Take a different route to work. Walk or bike if you can. Stop into a different cafe. Watch less TV and spend less time online. Play a board game with your partner and kids. Dance in the living room. Try something new and get out of your comfort zone. For me I am going to actually go to a MeetUp get together as I tend to spend too much time on my own and then wonder why I am feeling lonely. I need to Change the Code too at times!
- Get out of your comfort zone. Of course, if you’ve managed to carry out all the previous steps, you’ve probably already moved a long way out of your comfort zone. But you need to go further and look your biggest fears in the eyes. Actually you need to punch them in the face. Start your own business. Head out for some solo travel. If your relationship is no longer fulfilling actually do something about it. If you have a hard time meeting new people force yourself into social situations. No it isn’t easy at first but you will be amazed at what you can accomplish. You are going to make this your best year ever.
- Get out of the house. Spend more time in nature and on your own IF possible. Just sit quietly and reflect on how much you have accomplished and how much your life has changed. Try some mindful meditation. What else can you achieve? Anything is possible when you have the right mindset and attitude.
You Are on Your Way To Changing Your Life
There you have it. An actual 30 day plan on how to change your life. Mark it on your calendar and get started. Remember that life is a journey, not a destination. There will be ups and downs and bumps in the road. Breathe deeply, smile and continue to do the work that is necessary and you WILL have an amazing life.
Did you enjoy this post? I love comments so please share your thoughts and please share this post on social media. Pinning to Pinterest is especially appreciated. Thank you.
“Change The Code. Change Your Life.“