These fritters are crispy on the outside, cheesy on the inside. The cauliflower cheddar fritters are packed full of vitamins and are delicious. Your crunch craving will be satisfied.
For keto recipes, cauliflower is your low carb hero. There are only 2.9 grams of net carbs in an entire cup of this popular low carb vegetable, making it a clear winner on a keto diet.
Considering cauliflower is a super healthy vegetable and contains antioxidants and phytonutrients that can also help protect against cancer. It’s also high in fiber so it helps with satiety and weight loss. Hurray to healthy yummy food!
Also see 7 Day Ketogenic Diet Meal Plan To Help Get Your Ass in Gear (PDF)
To begin, boil the cauliflower for 8-10 minutes then process it in the food processor. This step can also be done by hand, to do this mince the cauliflower finely with a knife(this is what I do).
Also see– The Ketogenic Diet For Beginners. How To Get Started With A Keto Diet.(PDF)
Shape into patties and pan fry for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
Serve with a side of sour cream, chipotle sauce, avocado sauce, or your favorite dipping sauce! They work well for breakfast, lunch or dinner!
Keto Recipes: Cauliflower Cheddar Fritters (Pancakes)
- 1 head cauliflower (or a 16 oz bag of frozen cauliflower)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese(shred your own as pre-shredded cheese can have non-keto ingredients!)
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- ½ teaspoon italian seasoning (optional)
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper (more or less to taste)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic or onion powder
- olive oil
- Cut cauliflower into florets and cook in boiling water until tender, about 8-10 minutes. Drain, then process the cauliflower in the food processor until it become the texture of rice. This can also be done using a knife.
- Combine the minced cauliflower, cheeses, eggs, breadcrumbs, and seasoning.
- Heat skillet to medium/high heat. Coat with oil (about ½ inch) Form cauliflower mixture into patties about 3 inches across.
- Cook until golden brown & set, about 3-4 minutes per side. Enjoy with sour cream or your favorite keto dipping sauce!
The nutrition facts below are per fritter.
Did you enjoy this post? Please share it on social media. Pinning to Pinterest is especially appreciated. Thank you.
“Change The Code. Change Your Life.”