Actually starting a keto diet can be overwhelming…You WANT to be successful so badly. What can you eat? How much should you eat? What if it doesn’t work? Is it healthy to eat fats? This ketogenic meal plan will hopefully answer some of your questions and give you a concrete plan to follow for the next 3 days.
A Ketogenic Diet Guide For Beginners
If you are just getting started I recommend taking a look at this Keto Diet Guide For Beginners. It will go over how to figure out your own macronutrients and what those numbers actually mean.
If You Want A Very Basic Keto Meal Plan
There is a basic keto meal plan here. The beauty is that it is very easy to follow. You will be eating pretty much the same thing for the week so there is not a lot of variety. However it is a good idea when starting out to keep things simple. I really believe that this approach will help set you up for success.
I started by following a 2100 calorie plan with 20 grams(or less) of carbs, 120 grams of protein and a whopping 170 grams of fat. In 4 months I lost 40 pounds. And I am still losing weight.
ABOUT THIS KETO MEAL PLAN
This meal plan is designed to act as a guide for helping you with your ketogenic diet. However, the exact amount of calories and macronutrients each person needs to consume will differ and so You will have to modify the plan to suit your macronutrient needs.
I recommend MyFitnessPal to track your eating. It has changed the way I eat.
Nutritional data for each recipe can be found at the bottom of each recipe.
KETOGENIC MEAL PLAN Day 1
Breakfast: Ketogenic Green Smoothie
Lunch:15-Minute Tamari Marinated Steak Salad
Dinner: Garlic Butter Pan-Fried Cod Cauliflower Tabouli (Tabbouleh) Salad
KETOGENIC MEAL PLAN Day 2
Breakfast: Guacamole Topped Scrambled Eggs
Lunch: Garlic Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites
Dinner: Lemon Black Pepper Tuna Salad
OPTIONAL SNACK: Almond Butter Fudge
KETOGENIC MEAL PLAN Day 3
Breakfast: Bacon Lemon Thyme Breakfast Muffins
Lunch: Mustard Sardines Salad
Dinner: Beef Curry
OPTIONAL SNACK (leftovers from Day 2): Almond Butter Fudge
THE KETO RECIPES
Ketogenic Greens Smoothie
YIELD: 1 Serving
- • 2 cups spinach (or kale)
- • 10 almonds (raw)
- • 2 brazil nuts
- •1 cup coconut milk (unsweetened canned)
- • 1 scoop Amazing Grass Greens Powder
INSTRUCTIONS 1. Place the spinach, almonds, brazil nuts, and coconut milk into the blender first. 2. Blend until pureed. 3. Add in the rest of the ingredients and blend well.
Calories: 380 Fat: 30 g Carbohydrates: 13 g Sugar: 3 g Fiber: 8 g Protein 12 g
15-Minute Tamari Marinated Steak Salad
YIELD: 2 Servings
- 2 large handfuls (2.5 oz or 75 g) salad greens
- ½ red bell pepper, chopped into slices
- 6-8 grape or cherry tomatoes, chopped into halves
- 4 radishes, sliced
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- ½ Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- ½ lb (250 g) steak
- ¼ cup (60 ml) gluten-free tamari soy sauce
- Olive or avocado oil to cook steak in
1. Marinade the steak in the tamari soy sauce. 2. Prepare the salad by tossing the bell pepper, tomatoes, radishes, and salad greens with the olive oil, lemon juice, and salt to taste. 3. Divide salad between 2 plates. 4. Place avocado oil (or olive oil) into a frying pan on high heat and cook the marinated steak (or grill the steak) to the level of doneness you like. 5. Place the steak on a plate for 1 minute. Cut the steak into slices, and place half of the slices on top of each salad.
Calories: 500 Fat: 37 g Carbohydrates: 4 g Sugar: 1 g Fiber: 2 g Protein: 33 g
Garlic Butter Pan-Fried Cod
- 4 cod fillets (approx 0.3 lb each)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- Salt to taste
1. Melt the butter in a frying pan. 2. Add in half the minced garlic to the pan. 3. Place the cod filets into the pan and cook on medium to high heat. Sprinkle with salt and garlic powder. 4. As the fish cooks, it’ll turn from translucent to a solid white color. Wait for the white color to creep half-way up the side of the fish and then flip the fish and add the rest of the minced garlic. 5. Cook until the whole filet turns a solid white color (it should also flake easily). 6. Serve with some of the garlic and butter from the pan.
NUTRITION INFORMATION Calories: 160 Fat: 7 g Carbohydrates: 1 g Sugar: 0 g Fiber: 0 g Protein:
Cauliflower Tabouli Salad
• 100 g (3.5 oz) cauliflower florets
• 2 Tablespoons parsley, finely diced
• 3 mint leaves, finely diced • 2 cherry tomatoes, diced
• 1 slice lemon diced
• 1 Tablespoon olive oil
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. Food process the cauliflower florets to form a couscous like texture. Make sure the florets and the food processor is dry to prevent a mash from forming instead. 2. Mix the food processed cauliflower florets with the finely diced herbs, tomatoes, lemon slice, olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste.
Calories: 80 Fat: 7 g Carbohydrates: 5 g Sugar: 2 g Fiber: 2 g Protein: 1 g
Guacamole Topped Scrambled Eggs
YIELD: 1 Serving
- 3 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- ¼ cup guacamole
- Salt to taste
1. Place the coconut oil into a pan. Add the eggs and scramble over a low heat. 2. Place the scrambled eggs into a bowl and top with the guacamole. If you want, you can add salt.
Calories: 370 Fat: 23 g Carbohydrates: 4 g Sugar: 1 g Fiber: 2 g Protein: 18 g
Garlic Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites
YIELD: 4 Servings of 6 Bites
- 1 large chicken breast, cut into small bites (approx 22-27 pieces)
- 8-9 thin slices of bacon, cut into thirds
- 3 Tablespoons garlic powder (or 6 crushed garlic if preferred)
1. Preheat oven to 400F (205C) and line a baking tray with aluminum foil. 2. Place the garlic powder into a bowl and dip each chicken bite into the garlic powder. 3. Wrap each short bacon piece around each garlic chicken bite. Place the bacon wrapped chicken bites on the baking tray. Try to space them out so they’re not touching. 4. Bake for 25-30 minutes until the bacon turns crispy. Turn the pieces after 15 minutes if you can remember.
TOTAL Calories: 230 Fat: 13 g Carbohydrates: 5 g Sugar: 2 g Fiber: 1 g Protein 22 g
Lemon Black Pepper Tuna Salad
- ⅓ cucumber, diced small
- ½ small avocado, diced small
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 can (4-6 oz or 100-150 g) of tuna
- 1 Tablespoon Paleo mayo
- 1 Tablespoon mustard
- Salt to taste
- Salad greens (optional)
- Black pepper to taste
1. Mix together the diced cucumber and avocado with the lemon juice. 2. Flake the tuna and mix well with the mayo and mustard. 3. Add the tuna to the avocado and cucumber. Add salt to taste. 4. Prepare the salad greens (optional: add olive oil and lemon juice to taste). 5. Place the tuna salad on top of the salad greens. 6. Sprinkle black pepper on top.
Calories: 480 Fat: 40 g Carbohydrates: 11 g Sugar: 2 g Fiber: 8 g Protein: 45 g
Almond Butter Fudge
- 1 cup almond butter (unsweetened)
- 1 cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Stevia to taste
1. Melt the almond butter and coconut oil so that they’re soft. 2. Blend all the ingredients together well. 3. Pour the mixture into a baking pan and refrigerate for 2-3 hours for it to set. 4. Cut into chunks and serve.
Calories Per Piece: 284 Fat: 30 g Net carbs – approx. 3g net carbs per serving
Bacon Lemon Thyme Breakfast Muffins
- 3 cups almond flour
- 1 cup bacon bits
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons lemon thyme
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt (optional)
- EQUIPMENT – muffin pan and muffin liners
1. Preheat oven to 350F. 2. Melt the butter in a mixing bowl. 3. Add in the almond flour and baking soda. 4. Add in the eggs. 5. Add in the lemon thyme (use other herbs if you prefer) and the salt. 6. Mix everything together well. 7. Lastly, add in the bacon bits. 8. Line a muffin pan with muffin liners. Spoon the mixture into the muffin pan (to around ¾ full). 9. Bake for 18-20 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean when you insert it into a muffin.
Calories: 300 Fat: 28 g Carbohydrates: 7 g Sugar: 1 g Fiber: 3 g Protein: 11 g
Mustard Sardines Salad
YIELD: 1 Serving
- 1 can (4-5 oz)sardines in olive oil
- ¼ cucumber, peeled and diced small
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ Tablespoon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Drain most of the olive oil from the sardines. 2. Mash up the sardines. 3. Combine the sardines, diced cucumbers, lemon juice, mustard, and salt and pepper. Mix well.
Calories: 260 Fat: 20g Carbohydrates: 0g Protein: 25g
YIELD: 4 Servings
- 1 lb beef round or other boneless cut, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 Tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- ¾ cup of coconut milk (the solid part of a can of refrigerated coconut milk)
- 2 carrots, sliced (optional)
- 1 bell pepper, diced (optional)
- 10 button mushrooms, diced (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Salt to taste
- Coconut oil to cook in
1. In a saucepan, saute the beef and onions in coconut oil on medium heat for 5-6 minutes until the beef is browned. 2. Add the spices, coconut milk, carrots, bell peppers, mushrooms, and fish sauce. Bring to the boil, then cover and simmer for 1 hour until the beef is tender. 3. Add the chopped basil, garlic, ginger, and salt to taste and simmer for 10 more minutes.
Calories: 440 Fat: 33 g Carbohydrates: 11 g Sugar: 2 g Fiber: 4 g Protein: 25 g
Did you enjoy this post? Please share it on social media. Pinning to Pinterest is especially appreciated. Thank you.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.