Someone with critical thinking skills is able to do the following : understand the logical connections between ideas. identify, construct and evaluate arguments, detect inconsistencies and common mistakes in reasoning. Developing this skill set will help you throughout your life.
Books That Will Help You Develop Critical Thinking Skills
1. Thinking, Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman – Learn about the two systems that make us think. There is the fast, intuitive, and emotional side. Then there is the slower, more deliberative, and more logical.
2. How to Read a Book by Mortimer J. Adler – Learn to look at a piece of text and analyze it critically.
3. Manufacturing Consent by Herman and Chomsky – Become a skeptical thinker. Question media. Question politicians. Question everything.
4. Plato’s Dialogues– An introduction to Platonic philosophy.
5. The Demon-Haunted World by Carl Sagan – Learn to differentiate between pseudoscience and the real thing.
6. Predictably Irrational by Dan Ariely – An argument that refutes the common assumption that we behave in fundamentally rational ways.
7. The Art of Deception by Capaldi and Smit – How to win an argument, recognize a fallacy, persuade a skeptic, and more.
There are many other books that will help you develop your critical thinking skills. Have you read any of the books listed here? Do you have any others that you would add to this list?
Please note that Amazon has some fantastic 30 day free trials going on right now that you may want to take advantage of such as the one above.
Please share this post on social media. Pinning to Pinterest is especially appreciated.
“Change The Code. Change your Life.”
Disclaimer- I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.