Are You Tired Of Being Broke?
If the answer is YES let’s save 100 dollars this week.
Like many people maybe you are living paycheck to paycheck. You are just scraping by. Paying the bills but never having any extra money.
Now if you were to ask people about their lack of money they may suggest that they do not make enough money to pay for everything AND save some extra money each week.
However when I observe the spending habits of most people I have come to realize that a lot of folks do not really have an income problem. They in fact have an outflow problem.
In other words they just spend too damn much money on useless stuff each and every week.
Spending Money Is Easy To Do
Hell yes it is! Too damn easy. We have credit cards and debit cards. Want a coffee? Sure! Swipe that card. New shoes? Sign me up! Swipe that card. And it continues each and every day. We just do not even realize how much money we are wasting. I do the same thing at times as well.
So right now I want you to think back to this past week and start adding up some of the wasteful spending that you may have engaged in. Better yet, log onto your online banking and actually see it. Go ahead. I’ll wait.
Shocking isn’t it?
So what can you do differently next week to save 100 dollars? That is an average of $14.29 each day to save 100 dollars in a week. Surely to goodness we can do this!
Read also- Ways to Save Money Infographic
Ideas to Help Save 100 Dollars This Week
Here are a few ideas to see if we can get on track to save $100 this week.
- Take your lunch AND snacks instead of buying meals on the go.
- Take coffee or tea from home instead of going to the coffee shop. Read also- How Much Do You Spend On Coffee?
- Take water from home in a refillable water bottle
- Bike, walk, carpool to work
- Only drive when absolutely necessary. Combine trips and try to get as much done in one trip.
- Don’t make ANY trips to stores, other than grocery stores, this week. You’ll still be allowed to buy any missing items next week, but this exercise of delaying the purchases might be quite enriching.
- Speaking of grocery stores, maybe try to only buy food that is really needed. In other words try your best to not buy any junk food!
It would fantastic if you were to share this with your partner and try to get them on board with the “Save $100 This Week Challenge”.
Pay Yourself First
When you get paid I am begging you to take whatever amount you can afford and put it in either a savings account or even in an envelope.
You will not even miss this money. Just $25 or $50. It does not matter. Just get in the habit of doing this. It is a great way to start a habit of saving money.
So are you up for the challenge? If you want to save 100 dollars this week(or any amount) be sure to let us know in the comments. What ideas do you have that will help you save money? What do you know you waste money on?
Please be sure to share this post on social media. Thank you.
“Change The Code. Change Your Life”