Low Carb Avocado Mint Keto Ice Cream
Hi. My name is Mark and I have an ice cream problem. I would probably eat ice cream every day. Who am I kidding? I HAVE eaten ice cream every day. That is just one of the reasons my weight got to an all time high in the summer of 2016. In September of that same year I finally said enough was enough and started following a ketogenic diet way of eating. This is why I use this low carb avocado mint keto ice cream recipe to have a healthy, high fat treat.
Fast forward to August of 2017 and I am 80 pounds lighter. From 260 pounds down to 180. A ketogenic diet is the only thing that has allowed me to lose the fat without any cravings.
Keto Ice Cream
So here is a very simple low carb avocado mint keto ice cream recipe that is dairy free AND it does not require an ice cream maker.
Ingredients- Makes about 1 liter
- 2 large ripe avocados (400 g / 14.2 oz)
- 2 cups / 1 can coconut milk, (400 ml / 14.9 fl oz)
- ½ cup powdered Erythritol, or other healthy low-carb sweetener
- Stevia extract (Clear / Vanilla)
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract, or 1 vanilla bean (~ ½ tsp)
- ¼ cup fresh mint or more to taste or just use mint extract
- ½ – 1 tbsp mint extract (not needed if you use mint, depends on your palate)
Since I do not have an ice cream maker I put my coconut milk in the freezer for about one hour.
- Halve the avocado and scoop the pulp in a bowl. Ripe avocados work best!
- Add coconut milk, mint, powdered Erythritol and stevia. I keep my coconut milk in the freezer, so it creamed but it’s not required in this recipe. Use the whole can – the cream and the water. You can use heavy whipping cream(IF you are okay with dairy or almond milk instead of the coconut milk.
- Add the vanilla and blend until smooth. I just use a stick blender.
IF you have an ice cream maker and want to use it, just follow the instructions for doing so. I put the whole container in the freezer and then I have to wait which is the hardest part!
I have some black cocoa powder and I am going to mix a tiny bit with some melted coconut oil and then drizzle it over the ice cream to create a hard chocolate shell that has some added healthy fats! Oh yeah baby!
I am just winging it really. Your palate will vary from mine so you may have to tweak this low carb keto avocado mint ice cream recipe to suit your own individual taste buds.
Let me know what you think of this keto ice cream recipe and please share it. Pinning to Pinterest is especially appreciated.